Ads can be placed anywhere inside a blog post. You can easily garner users’ attention by placing ads at the right location. There are no hard and fast rules to choose a right location to place the ads. You just need to think from the point of blog visitors’ view and decide on a location. Moreover, layout and theme of your blog can also help you to decide where to place ads. If you run a blog that is related to science and technology, then it is better to place ads at the sides, as that would not distract users’ attention. Whereas if you run a blog to promote a product, then you can place ads anywhere inside a blog post.
Google’s blogger has built-in feature to place ads between multiple posts. Here are the steps to place ads between blog posts.
1. Log in to your blogger account. Go to “Template” and then “Page Elements”. Inside the “Page Elements” you can see the heading “Blog Post” with an edit link. Click on the edit link.
2. In the edit page, you can see few checkboxes. Check on the “Show Ads between posts.” By enabling this checkbox, you are allowing Google to place ads between posts.
3. Next, click on “Show after every post” dropdown menu. This dropdown menu allows you to specify whether you want an ad to appear after every post or after multiple posts. If you want ads to be placed after every 2 posts, then select 2 from the drop down menu.
4. Next, you can see the format and color options. These options allow you to choose the format and the background color of the ads.
5. Save the changes and refresh your blog to see the ads placed between your blog posts.
These steps are simple and can be easily followed even by a novice blogger. The limitation with this method is you cannot place ads between a post title and a post body. You can easily garner users’ attention by placing ads between a post title and a post body.
The first step is to get the code that displays the ads. The following steps show how to get AdSense code for Google AdSense.
1. Get the AdSense Code: Log in to your Google AdSense account. Go to “AdSense Setup” and select “Products”. Here you can see various options. Select the “AdSense for Content” and click on “Ad Unit.” Then follow the instructions until the website generates an AdSense code. Copy this AdSense code and paste it in a notepad.
2. Parse the AdSense code: The generated AdSense code has less than, greater than, and quote symbols which you need to replace as per HTML standards. Here are the steps to replace the symbols with valid HTML code. Replace a less than symbol with an ampersand followed by “lt” and a semicolon. In the same way replace a greater than symbol with an ampersand followed by “gt” and a semicolon. Make use of the notepad “Search and Replace All” feature to replace all such symbols with their respective HTML code. After you parse the code, it is ready to be placed in the blog template.
3. Back up your blog template: Before you start to edit the blog template, it is better to backup the blog template, incase if anything goes wrong.
4. To place ads between post title and post body: Open the blog template and search for “post-body”. Next, place the AdSense code above the div-class=’post-body’. Now the ads will appear between a post title and post body.
5. To place ads on the left side of your post after the post title: To do this, first wrap the AdSense code inside “div style=float:left” . Next, search for “div class=’post-header-line-1?. Place the AdSense code immediately below the ‘”post-header-line-1? div tag.
6. To place ads on the right side of your post after the post title: To do this, first wrap the AdSense code inside “div style=’float:right;”. Next, search for “div class=’post-header-line-1?. Place the AdSense code immediately below the “post-header-line-1? div tag
If you are expecting good amount of traffic to your blog, then you can harness that traffic to generate revenue by placing ads that would be beneficial for the blog visitors. If you are a novice, then learning how to place ads at different locations inside a blog is certainly going to benefit you in the end.
About the author: Alia Haley is a blogger who is in love with her iphone and enjoys shopping for designer iphone accessories. Apart for tech site, she loves blogging on luxury portal and is currently working on the most expensive tech apparels.
The Whole concept was developed by the man you are watching here. I am rakesh Kumar Serial Niche Blogger and SEO Enthusiast. find me onfacebook
.. Developed popular WordPress theme for Wallpapers and funny Image WordPress theme. Love SEO optimized WordPress theme Designing and Customization.
Latest posts by rakesh (see all)